Spring is in full swing (finally)! The weather is warming up, the flowers are in bloom, and it is time for you to step outside and begin those home improvement projects you have been dreaming about all winter long. But where do you begin? Well, how about your roof?
Spring Roof Inspection
A spring roof inspection will help uncover any damage that may have occurred during winter and the constant freezing and thawing that takes place. This freeze / thaw effect can have a negative impact on your roof.
Be sure to check the following areas of your roof for damage:
- Interior: Before even moving to the outdoors, climb into your attic and look for signs of a roof leak. Warning signs include ceiling spots, mold, and obvious water damage.
- Gutters: April is here, which means one thing: April Showers. Are your gutters ready for the increased workload? If your gutters are clogged, rain water will not be properly directed off the roof. As a result, water may back up under your shingles and into your home.
- Shingles: Conduct a visual inspection of your shingles. Do you notice any missing, damaged, or curled shingles? If so, it is important to address these issues in a timely manner. Your shingles are designed to protect your roof from the elements. When these shingles are damaged or missing, your roof is exposed.
- Flashing: Flashing, the metal strips that seal gaps and prevent water from seeping into your home, are one of the primary culprits of roof leaks. Examine your flashing for any signs of damage.
- Chimney or Skylight: Check around chimneys or skylights to ensure the seals between them and roofing surfaces are still intact.
Garner Roofing is a full-service, certified roofing contractor serving the Greater Baltimore, MD. area and beyond, specializing in roof repair and gutter replacement. When you call us, we will send one of our factory trained and ShingleMaster Certified representatives to your home to inspect your specific situation.
If you are interested in scheduling a free roofing consultation, please contact Garner Roofing by calling 410-753-2322 or contact us today! Estimates are free for all services, including roof repair, siding repair, and more.